MORE THAN HALF OF ALL AMERICANS USE NUTRITIONAL SUPPLEMENTS DAILY
Research suggests that supplement users are healthy people who tend to eat a better diet than most and who consider nutritional support one of several ways to protect their health. The primary reasons cited for taking a daily multiple vitamin include:
• Enhance energy and well-being
• Help defend against degenerative diseases such as cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, and dementia
• Help manage existing health conditions such as arthritis and diabetes
• Slow the aging process
In fact, although we cannot make specific claims about nutritional supplements, a growing body of evidence shows a correlation between supplemental multivitamins and other nutrients and improved health, including the following:
• Reduced incidence of heart disease and stroke
• Protection against certain kinds of cancer
• Decreased incidence of certain birth defects
• Improved immune functioning
• Fewer sick days caused by infections among the elderly
• Delayed onset or progression of vision-robbing macular degeneration
• Reduced incidence of hip fractures from osteoporosis
The Lewin Group study found that given the myriad potential protective benefits, daily use of a multivitamin is a relatively inexpensive yet potentially powerful way to improve one’s health. They also noted that within a health insurance context, the five-year estimate of potential net savings resulting from daily multivitamin intake for adults over 65 is approximately 1.6 billion dollars.
RESEARCH SHOWS THAT 80 TO 90 PERCENT OF THE POPULATION DOES NOT ACHIEVE THE RECOMMENDED DAILY VALUE (RDV) FOR EACH VITAMIN AND MINERAL EACH DAY, NOR DO THEY EVEN COME CLOSE.As if it weren’t hard enough get the nutrients through our diet, 12 of the top 20 medications prescribed in the United States are drugs that can cause nutrient depletions. Then factor in the stress of our multi-tasking through the ever-quickening pace of each day. In fact, marginal nutritional deficiencies are present in about 50% of the non- multiple vitamin and mineral using population. And, keep in mind that the RDV levels for each nutrient are intended to guard against only severe nutrient deficiency diseases like Scurvy (vitamin C), but are not intended to serve as levels of vitamin and mineral intake that are optimal in regard to supporting biological functions, preventing degenerative diseases, and maximizing our well-being and longevity.
Why Take VitalRemedyMD’s Daily2Tab?
The question today is not whether to take a daily multivitamin, but rather “which daily multiple is best?” The truth is not all vitamins are created equal. Most are not independently assayed, and many have unnecessarily (and potentially hazardous) high quantities of some ingredients.
VitalRemedyMD offers a superb and scientifically based multivitamin and mineral formulation called the Daily2Tab. It is not necessary to customize a daily multivitamin; it should simply provide the full range of vitamins and minerals truly proven essential to human health in a balanced formulation. We have intentionally limited the quantities of each element in our daily multivitamin to at most 100% of the RDV to provide a sound foundation to a healthful varied diet.
The Daily2Tab - two vegetarian tablets taken daily with food – provides:
• A complete, balanced formula of all the essential vitamins/ minerals.
• Calcium (500 mg), vitamin D, vitamin K1/K2, and magnesium to support bone health. Additional calcium supplementation is advised only on an individual basis when indicated by your physician.
• Magnesium – a vital nutrient that is required for more than 350 enzymes in the body to function, and for healthy maintenance of bones, arteries, heart, nerves, and teeth. A staggering 80% of the population is deficient in this mineral!
• VitalRemedyMD uses only natural vitamin E (d-alpha/mixed Tocopherols) NOT synthetic (dl-alpha Tocopherols).
• Minerals are chelated for optimal absorption.
• Lycopene, the carotenoid found in tomatoes, is included at 6 mg daily because of its powerful antioxidant properties and ability to promote heart and prostate health. *
All VitalRemedyMD formulations start with USP Pharmaceutical Grade Quality ingredients, chelated minerals that enhance absorption and bioavailability, natural color coating which avoids lead and other toxins. Finished products undergo assay to ensure safety, purity and content.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Laura D. Baum, MD